Contact: (Owner/Manager) Steve Collett
Address: 15 Josiah Chinamano Road, Belmont, Bulawayo Zimbabwe
Tel Office: +263 29 2885 868 or +263 29 2885 349
Mobile: +263 712 220 966 or +27 648459117
Tell us a little about your operation
How it started and how we got into the industry…
It all happened by chance when I was offered an opportunity to travel to the Unites States after school to learn the art of Taxidermy due to my artistic ability. This was not a career I had in mind to follow, none the less I was interested in the experience. In early 1998 I started that journey. I continued with this for a year but then took a break from the industry from 2000 to 2002, but it was during this time that I decided this is what I wanted to do and continued my training until 2003 when I started my own shop in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
By 2017 I had enough of a reputation to start a second shop in Pretoria and here we are growing our second venture.
How many years have you been in the business?
We have now been in business for 18 years.
What are your favourite mounts & why?
Besides the big cats such as leopard and lion, which we did not have unlimited opportunity with, I would have to say that buffalo are my favourite. They are incredible animals with character that supersedes all others. There are not two that looks alike therefore we are forced to custom every mount.
What are your specialty areas that you have in the business?
We are a custom taxidermy studio where we take standard forms and create custom pieces where no two pieces are alike. From full taxidermy to an array of bespoke leather products and skull art, all from in-house. The passion we put into our artistry is beyond any commercial standard and make us different to of our competitors.
Current processes offered
- Pick up & collect trophies Yes
- Maximum distance offered to collect trophies: We will collect nationwide if necessary
- Own tanning facilities: Yes
- Do you buy in forms or sculpt your own or both? Sculpt our own
Delivery time (approximate)
- Dip and Pack: 3 to 4 months
- European mounts: local: 6-8 weeks; international: 3 months
- Shoulder mounts: large international: 14-16 months; small international: 9-12 months; large local: 12-14 months; small local: 6-9 months
- Full mounts: same timelines as the shoulder mounts