After a 16 months, we have the following updates.
- We have implemented NightsBridge, the leading hospitality booking software for guest houses, to improve and offer seamless online reservations
- Elize, (coincidently a similar name of the previous owner J) has immense guest house experience and has taken over from the previous Manager.
- We have a second PDP-qualified driver living on the property – Joseph who has worked with me for many years.
- The Selous Trophy & Reading Room is open for guests’ enjoyment. I am sure guests will enjoy the range of trophies, butterflies, books and art.
- The catering offer is continually being improved
- And guest feedback, while mostly very positive, continues to have valuable insights where we can improve, which we take seriously. This ensures Afton literally takes the hassles out of travel to and from Jo’burg.
- Our rack rate now includes an industry 20% discount for Agents and Outfitters booking in their clients and
- The offer of free accommodation for Outfitters and Agents, plus free parking of safari vehicles while Outfitters are away on travels – remains
Finally, from all of us at the African Hunting Gazette and Afton Safari Lodge, it is September, there are just more hard months of safaris before we catch our breath, start the marketing program for the year ahead and all continue hard to promote hunting in Africa.
Richard Lendrum – Publisher